Error converting ONNX to .hef

I have the following problem. I haven’t been able to successfully convert from ONNX to .hef. I know that I need to first “parse,” then “optimize,” and later “compile.”

• I started by using a trained YOLOv8 model, and after it didn’t work, I decided to use the base model from Ultralytics, but I still haven’t been able to get it to work.
  • I made sure that the ONNX version in each repository, Hailo Zoo, and YOLO Ultralytics, was the same. Exporting to ONNX isn’t the problem, and I also tried different “opset” values and with the simplify option but nothing.
  • I encountered different versions of an error where I was suggested to use “parse recommendation.” One was “[‘/model.22/dfl/Reshape_1’],” and others suggested “[‘/model.22/Sigmoid’,‘/model.22/dfl/Reshape_1’],” and I even encountered one that had 4 nodes to recommend me.
  • In the end, it managed to parse, but when running the optimize step, it failed.

I am doing this with the following command: hailo parser onnx yolov8n.onnx --hw-arch hailo8l

I also tried: hailomz compile yolov8n --ckpt=yolov8n.onnx --hw-arch hailo8l --classes 2 --performance

Without success. I have DFC installed correctly, and it doesn’t give me any errors; I can run “hailomz” and “hailo.”

“Hailo Dataflow Compiler v3.28.0” and “Hailo Model Zoo v2.12.0”

Can you guide me with this problem? I have read quite a bit on the forum, but I can’t find the solution.

Aside from these errors, I want to understand the concept of “start nodes” and “end nodes” better. Where can I read more about this? From what I’ve read, this might be where the solution lies.

And my other question is, with the Hailo 8L chip, can I run any other model? Could I run a “DINO” or a “SAM”? What would I need to do?