HAILO_CONTROL_OPCODE_POWER_MEASUEMENT is not supported on the current board. [HailoRT] [error] CHECK_SUCCESS failed with status=HAILO_UNSUPPORTED_OPCODE(48) Failed to get power measurement results, status

Im trying to measure power consumed by my hailo 8l rpi 5(AI KIT)
But I’m getting the following error:
(hailo_env) prasaanth@raspberrypi:~ $ hailortcli measure-power
Executing on device: 0000:01:00.0
[HailoRT] [error] Firmware control has failed. Major status: 0x400300b4, Minor status: 0x400300b4
[HailoRT] [error] Firmware major status: CONTROL_PROTOCOL_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED_DEVICE
[HailoRT] [error] Firmware minor status: CONTROL_PROTOCOL_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED_DEVICE
[HailoRT] [error] Opcode HAILO_CONTROL_OPCODE_POWER_MEASUEMENT is not supported on the current board.
[HailoRT] [error] CHECK_SUCCESS failed with status=HAILO_UNSUPPORTED_OPCODE(48)
Failed to get power measurement results, status HAILO_UNSUPPORTED_OPCODE(48)
Failed power measurement, status HAILO_UNSUPPORTED_OPCODE(48)
Failed to execute on device: 0000:01:00.0. status= HAILO_UNSUPPORTED_OPCODE(48)

Hey @prasaanthg,

This opcode is deprecated or not functioning properly. If you’re looking to measure power consumption, you can find more information here:

I got this after running the suggested code in my pi 5 with hailo8l:

%Run -c $EDITOR_CONTENT
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 4, in
File “/home/prasaanth/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/hailo_platform/init.py”, line 17, in
import hailo_platform.pyhailort._pyhailort as _pyhailort
ImportError: libhailort.so.4.18.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@omria any update on this?

Hello @prasaanthg,

Could you please check if the file libhailort.so.4.18.0 exists in the /usr/ directory or its subdirectories?

You can verify this by running the following command in your terminal:

find /usr/ | grep libhailort

prasaanth@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo find /usr/ | grep libhailort
/usr/lib/libhailort.so.4.17.0
/usr/lib/libhailort.so

@omria im using raspberry pi 5 and the default version im getting while installing hailo is 4.17.0 for libhailort

Oh, I see now. You’ll need to either manually install version 4.18 or wait for the auto-install to use this, as it’s part of our Python API.

@omria can guide me how to compleltey switch to version 4.18 as this may affect other hailo packages too

I’ve created a comprehensive guide for this process. You can find the full documentation at the following link:

https://community.hailo.ai/t/upgrade-hailort-to-4-18-on-rpi/2678/19

Please follow the instructions carefully. If you encounter any issues during the driver installation, it’s important to completely remove the existing installation and start the process from the beginning.