Aarch64 docker container outdated

Inside the container we have v4.15.0. Even though the hardware is mounted in, we can not communicate with the hardware. This is likely because of the version mismatch with the driver on the host.

hailo@jpmeijers-desktop:/local/workspace/tappas/apps/h8/gstreamer/raspberrypi/sa
nity_pipeline$ hailortcli --version          
HailoRT-CLI version 4.15.0
hailo@jpmeijers-desktop:/local/workspace/tappas/apps/h8/gstreamer/raspberrypi/sa
nity_pipeline$ hailortcli fw-control identify
[HailoRT] [error] Failed query driver info, errno 25
[HailoRT] [error] CHECK_SUCCESS_AS_EXPECTED failed with status=HAILO_DRIVER_FAIL(36)
[HailoRT] [error] CHECK_EXPECTED failed with status=HAILO_DRIVER_FAIL(36)
[HailoRT] [error] CHECK_EXPECTED failed with status=HAILO_DRIVER_FAIL(36)
[HailoRT CLI] [error] CHECK_EXPECTED failed with status=HAILO_DRIVER_FAIL(36)
nity_pipeline$ ls /dev/hailo*
/dev/hailo0

On the host we see driver 4.18.0 is being used.

$ hailortcli fw-control identify
Executing on device: 0000:01:00.0
Identifying board
Control Protocol Version: 2
Firmware Version: 4.18.0 (release,app,extended context switch buffer)
Logger Version: 0
Board Name: Hailo-8
Device Architecture: HAILO8L
Serial Number: HLDDLBB241602838
Part Number: HM21LB1C2LAE
Product Name: HAILO-8L AI ACC M.2 B+M KEY MODULE EXT TMP

Please update the tappas container for aarch64 with v4.18.0.

I asked my colleagues from R&D whether we will get a new version of the Tappas docker for aarch64 and will update when I get an answer.

Thanks, that would help a lot.

My main goal is to get the Raspberry Pi AI Kit in a working state for our industrial customers that use Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop and Server on Raspberry Pi 5’s. Currently with a custom Docker container I can get some examples to work, but it still needs manual tweaking at runtime. Unfortunately that is not a solution for industrial use.

Your official container will solve this, but we need to somehow pin the container version to the correct driver version on the host.

@jpm I was traveling for work yesterday and the planes wifi was down (I saw this thread on the runway) and wanted to share that I have started a guide/resources for building and getting running on Ubuntu 24.04: GitHub - opensensor/rpi5-resources: Tutorials and Resources to support Raspberry Pi 5 (with an emphasis on AI + cameras)

Pull requests are welcomed, I was putting it together before my trip, and there are a few items that I need to clarify next time I get to run through it. Let me know if it helps you!

1 Like