gst-inspect-1.0 hailo: No such element or plugin 'hailo'

The gst-inspect-1.0 hailo gives this error
“No such element or plugin ‘hailo’”.

I have tried all the solutions suggested in the community and also done a clean install of Raspbian os on Raspberry Pi 5 and installed all the files again but none of the solutions worked.
All other factors like hailotools shows fine. Hailo, and hailonet are some of the packages not installed.

Can this be resolved?

Welcome to the Hailo Community!

Did you install the 64-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS?

Did you follow this guide? Can you run any of the examples?

Raspberry Pi - AI-kit

Thanks for the reply.
I did. This command “hailortcli fw-control identify” shows okay.
I can’t run anything from the hailo rpi5 examples.
The error is “hailonet not found”.

This command “gst-inspect-1.0 hailo” gives this error No such element or plugin ‘hailo’

Furthermore:
(gst-plugin-scanner:5543): GStreamer-WARNING **: 11:42:39.196: Failed to load plugin ‘/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgsthailo.so’: libhailort.so.4.17.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
No such element or plugin ‘hailo’

Hey @huqkazanx

This seems like an issue with the instillation, can you please purge it clean and remove all .so and .ko files that are related to hailo, then re run the instillation while using the correct tappas and examples version that work with HailoRT 4.17

Thanks for the response @omria. Both device and host is running on Hailort 4.18. Where can I get 4.17 file downloads from?

Are you trying to run hailo-rpi5-examples with the latest, HailoRT – PCIe driver Ubuntu package (deb) driver?

Yes!!
That’s what I am trying to do

Yeah, so the problem is that, when hailoRT v4.17.0 was replaced with v4.18.0, some of the shared object files (.so) files were removed, hence the warning cites, Failed to load plugin ‘/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgsthailo.so’: libhailort.so.4.17.0. To my knowledge, this can be fixed either by getting the latest gstreamer plugins or by editing the libgsthailo.soto use the latest libhailort.so.4.18.0 version and then compiling it to a shared object file, so the question is, how do I update the gstreamer plugins?

I just looked it up in that configuration, there is no file named, libgsthailo.so and libgsthailort.so after upgrading to the latest version of hailoRT. But if you notice, gst-inspect-1.0 hailo, still works because of the gstreamer cache, if you remove that with, rm -rf ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/, it won’t work again and you would end up losing, the plugins;

hailodevicestats: hailodevicestats element
hailonet: hailonet element
synchailonet: sync hailonet element

So @omria, how do we get the latest gstreamer plugins compatible with hailoRT v4.18.0? I tried, using this command from the TAPPAS manual installation doc, sudo apt-get install -y libcairo2-dev libgirepository1.0-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-x gstreamer1.0-alsa gstreamer1.0-gl gstreamer1.0-gtk3 gstreamer1.0-qt5 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio gcc-12 g++-12 python-gi-dev, and it did’nt work either.