Cannot compile ONNX to HAR/HEF for Hailo‑8 — DFC 3.x Docker image missing from Developer Zone

Hello,
I am trying to compile my ONNX model (best.onnx) into HAR/HEF for Hailo‑8.
However, I cannot access the required Dataflow Compiler (DFC) 3.x Docker image in the Developer Zone.

What I currently see in the Developer Zone

Under:

  • Product: Accelerators
  • Device: Hailo‑8/8L
  • Software Package: AI Software Suite
  • Sub‑Package: Dataflow Compiler

The only downloadable file is:
SDK V3.11.0.7z
This package does not contain the Dataflow Compiler (no hailo-compile inside).

What I tried

Hailo support suggested the following two artifacts:

  1. hailo_dataflow_compiler‑3.34.0‑py3‑none‑linux_x86_64.whl
    → Cannot be installed on WSL2 Ubuntu because jaxlib==0.5.3 is not available for Linux x86_64.
    pip always fails with:
    “No matching distribution found for jaxlib==0.5.3”

  2. hailo8_ai_sw_suite_2026‑07_docker.zip
    → This is the AI Software Suite (HailoRT/TAPPAS/Model Zoo).
    → It does not include the Dataflow Compiler.
    → The container does not contain hailo-compile, so HAR/HEF generation is not possible.

What I need

For Hailo‑8 model compilation, the official DFC 3.x Docker image is required, such as:

  • hailo_dfc_3.33.1.tar.gz
  • hailo_dfc_3.32.0.tar.gz
  • hailo_dfc_3.31.0.tar.gz

These files are not visible in my Developer Zone account.

Request

Could you please enable access to the DFC 3.x Docker image for Hailo‑8?
Or provide the correct download location for the DFC 3.x Docker package?

Thank you very much.

Welcome to the Hailo Community!

This is the latest version of our Hailo AI Software Suite for Hailo-8.

Converting a model is a multi-step process. Compiling the model is only the last step of the conversion. The Hailo Dataflow Compiler is part of the Hailo AI Software Suite. I would recommend working through the built-in tutorial to learn about the complete workflow. Use the following command inside the Docker to start a Jupyter Notebook server with notebooks for each step of the process.

hailo tutorial

hailo-compile is not a valid command. When using the CLI in the Docker you can run the compilation step using hailo compiler. Use hailo --help for more information on all supported commands.

I recommend using the Hailo AI Software Suite Docker on Ubuntu natively and not WSL2.